By: Jordannah Elizabeth for iGenii Web Development
Some of our amazing readers are beginning to ask for information about certain topics in our comments. Here is a response to a request for more information about backlinks! Thanks and keep reading!
Backlinking is a great way to draw traffic to your website, and it helps your site attain a great ranking on search engines. When your website is ranked well on a search engine, it means your site will show up on the first few pages of Google and other popular search engines when someone searches a topic that your site may specialize in.
Backlinking is simply having other sites link back to your site. There are many ways to make this process work for you and your company. You want other sites to link back to your website because any links that point to your website are great promotion, and heighten your chances of attaining more customers and followers.
Simple Ways to Attain Backlinks:
- Social Networking (with friends and family)
- Social Networking doesn’t always have to be done through sites like Facebook and Twitter, although in many cases these sites can be deemed the most effective in regards to backlinking (social backlinking). You can network online by communicating with friends and colleagues that you already know. Ask them to link your website on their website, and you will do the same for them. Try to get 10-20 friends to link your website, and you will have a great start!
2. Social Networking (using your online presence)
- If you know that you have a bit of influence on your social networking profiles, it is a good idea to work on attaining backlinks through your social networking sites, and your online circle of colleagues and friends. You can use your influence to share information about your website and company and ask your online network to share and link your site. You could give them a discount in exchange for their promotional efforts!
3. Social Bookmarking
- If you’re a blogger, or your business has a blog connected to your website, social bookmarking is a great way to get your website noticed and its link shared all over the internet. There are several sites that you can use to share your blog articles and content like: Reedit.com, Digg.com, Stumble Upon, ect., that are social networking sites that specifically share information that promotes article sharing and encourages people to bookmark great content. If you think your site has great content, share it on a social bookmarking site, or share the article with your friends, family, and colleagues, you never know how far the information you share can spread!
Backlinking can be a simple and powerful way to share your website with the world! It takes a little bit of time and the belief that your company and content should be linked throughout the internet by your friends and followers so you can touch a greater number of users who will hopefully become potential customers and supporters of your cause or business!